- First of all let me show you an upcoming cover for Red Hood and the Outlaws #32
'ahem': BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Ar...are you serious, DC? For real, this is a cover for a comic being made in 2014?! This is almost on par with the leather fetish nuns from the Hitman: Absolution trailer in terms of over the top cheesecake aimed at the adolescent male mind. All it needs is and explosion or American flag in the background (or an exploding American flag!) from earning the Michael Bay Hat Trick. I am not joking when I say I don't know whether I should be offended (given DC's recent track record) or astonished that they thought this wasn't going to be a figure of ridicule. To quote thanekos of scans_daily, "That's a cover that makes you think Vice should be somewhere in the title."
- Have you been watching Kamen Rider Gaim? If not, I'd suggest getting on that immediately. Gaim is closely becoming on of my favorite tokusatsu shows...no no no, one of my favorite shows PERIOD. It is seriously on of the more compelling narratives I've come across in years. And yes, people, I've seen Breaking Bad. That's excellent and, yes, better than Gaim. But most series are inferior to Breaking Bad, and that doesn't make Gaim any less of a good show. So watch it. I'd suggest trying TV Nihon, but AesirSubs is good as well (eve if they take some liberties with their transations).
|This is MY stage now!|
- Speaking of Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider Ichigo himself, Hiroshi Fujioka, is coming back to appear in the film Kamen Rider Taisen. While like most of Toei's tokusatsu films, I suspect KRT will end up being more spectacle than a functioning narrative, I'm sure it will be fun to see the man as Takeshi Hongo once more
- Heading back to comics, I've been following the whole Superior Spider-Man
drawn-out gimmickstoryline through scans_daily, and I was surprised to see it end with Otto flat out admitting that Peter was always the better man. Kinda brings home Ock's whole "trying to one-up a ghost" story arc.
- Also, to everyone who comments on Peter being to whiny, I ask this: Do you think it's the fault of the character himself or because the Marvel has kept him in character retrograde for the last decade or so?
- Also, I think I've come up with a new term: Character Retrograde. It's like regular retrograde, only it involves characters going the opposite of basic character progression. I suspect Peter Parker has been stuck in this ever since the late '90's, with the event "One More Day" sticking him into this pattern. Trust me, if things don't improve, he'll be acting like a five yer old before you know it.
- Lastly on the subject of Spider-Man, I would like to come and say that I am somewhat shocked that they're going to adapt the "Harry becomes a drug addict" story from the comics. And while I'm sure they've chosen to make him a meth addict due to meth being the "sexy" (as far as illegal drugs mostly associated with poverty and crime can be considered sexy), but them willing to do this for a more kid-friendly property like Spider-Man makes me think they're at least trying to be bra...wait, what? You mean that's not Dane DeHaan as a meth addict, but as the Harry Osborne version of the Green Goblin?
- Garo is getting an anime series. In other news, no word yet on the wheter Toei has taken up my suggestion for a Kamen Rider Spirits anime.
- Onto a less nerdy subject, does anyone have an answer to why Vladimir Putin seems hellbent on reigniting the Cold War? Was he a big fan of being on the brink of nuclear destruction?
- This is the new look of Michaelangelo of my second favorite super team* of the 1990's, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
And here is the trailer:
to paraphrase a chemically scarred lunatic: " I have given a name to my pain...and it is Johnathan Liebsman"
*My favorite super-team is, of course, The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.
- Just so I don't end on a sour note, I'd like to thank you all for sticking by me after all dead air. I will, in fact, try this time to update regularly. See y'all later.