Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, June 4, 2012

Top 5 Super Sentai Teams I'd Love To See In American Comics

These masks look alot better than the Battle Fever's live action helmets

Ever since I did a top 5 Kamen Riders I thought could be adapted into comics list, I wondered if I could do the same for Super Sentai. Then I realized that, since none of the series really have continuity with each other, any Super Sentai team could be adapted! So for this list I'll give you my top five personal teams that I'd love to see in American comics.

5. Himitsu Sentai Goranger

Given the fact that this is the first Super Sentai, they'd be extremely easy to adapt. The story of five top operatives battling the Black Cross Army could honestly be compelling given the scope. You could even expand (i.e. not completely change) the characters personalities.

4. JAKQ Dengekitai

Super powered cyborgs investigating a massive crime syndicate? How could this not be translated well!

3. Choujuu Sentai Liveman

Now Liveman has to one of the most compelling story concepts the franchise has. The story of Yuuske, Joh and Megumi fighting against their former fellow Academia students who killed their friends already has compelling drama. And with the character development, plot twists and personal drama, the stories that could be told could be amazing. As a bonus, Tetsyua and Junichi can actually be alluded and built up to instead of just appearing out of nowhere! Wouldn't that be lovely?

2. Choujin Sentai Jetman

Okay, mismatched warriors fighting against inter-dimensional conquerors. Love triangle. And Gai Yuuki. How could you possibly screw this up?

1. Gosei Sentai Dairanger

Okay, confession time: the Dairangers are probably my first and favorite team in the entire franchise. Seeing the Heveanly Stars adapted and taking on ANYONE would get any company my money. My only advice is to make Koh less of a little pervert.

And that's all folks! Tell me you choices in the comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment